Thursday, August 2, 2012

July 2012


Hello everyone! This has been a whirlwind month for me. The second week of July, I was notified that I needed to move down to Orlando to start work, because there are some trips coming up that I need to help prepare for. Praise the Lord that I had already found a place to live! So I packed up and moved to my new home in Orlando on July 22. I’ve been settling in, going to work at the office, and exploring my new city in the evenings.

I am so thrilled to be here. I’ve felt very welcomed by my housemates and my coworkers, and I jumped in with both feet to the projects at work. One thing I’ve been helping with is finalizing our English story set that we’ll use as a model while we’re overseas holding these trainings.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers. I miss Columbus, but I’m also discovering that there is an enormous peace that comes when you are right where God wants you to be.

Prayer Requests:
--While I’ve started work, I’m at 90% of my support. Technically, I’m not allowed to be working until I’m at 100%. So please continue to pray that God completes my support team so that I can be here “legally”. I need about $500/month and I’ll be there! At this point, every little bit makes a HUGE difference, so if you are on the fence about supporting me, now is the perfect opportunity! Go to give.cru.org/give/0624028 to start! J

--Pray that I soon start to feel at home here in Orlando. My housemates, Sarah and Audra, are great, and they’ve been a huge help in making me feel at home, but I still feel like a guest in their house.

--Pray regarding the trips I have coming up. There are several in the works right now—most notably one to Zimbabwe that will hopefully happen within the next few weeks. Pray that all the details and permissions work out and that we can go lead a 6-week storying training for the nationals there and elsewhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment